The list below provides some basic expectations about the student dress code. These expectations and additional information about the dress code can be found within the student agenda that will be issued to each student on the first day of school. Thank you to our PTSA for partnering with the school to purchase an agenda for each student.
The minimum standard of dress for students shall be as follows:
- Shoes shall be worn. No slippers, flip flops, or athletic sandals.
- Midriffs shall be covered.
- Appropriate under-garments must be worn and may not be visible.
- Strapless garments and camisoles must be worn with a jacket.
- Tank-tops will not be permitted. Low-cut, revealing necklines are not appropriate.
- Shorts and skirts must be at or within 3 inches of the knee.
- Lounge/pajama pants may not be worn.
- No leggings may be worn without other school appropriate shorts/skirts.
- Pants/jeans must be worn at the waist.
- Caps, hats, bandannas, and do rags are not to be worn in the school building during the school day unless there is a special activity during which they are deemed appropriate by the school administration.
- Clothing or ornamentation displaying or advertising substances illegal for minors is prohibited. Suggestive phrases, designs, markings, or profanities are also prohibited.
- Clothing or ornamentation advocating, promoting, or suggesting illegal activity is also prohibited.
While each staff member supports our student dress code expectations, the school administration has the final determination about the appropriateness of student dress. Thank you for helping our students dress for success!