Don’t forget to sign up and support the Awtrey Middle School Foundation and the Kennesaw / Big Shanty Foundation with our annual Spring Into Education 5K Race. The race will be held on Saturday, March 12, at Awtrey Middle School and North Cobb High School. ONLINE REGISTRATION!
8am Kids Obstacle Run (8 and Under)
8:30am 5k Awtrey Middle School
9:00am Luau Themed After Party
- Race shirts
- Fast and well-marked course with hills and trail running
- Finish on the NCHS Football Field
- Race day Parking: North Cobb High School.
- Food, refreshments after the race
- Online registration ends 3/9/2016
- Pint Sized Run for kids 5 to 8 with a Kids Corral on the Football Field for kids to play while their family runs the 5k!
NEW THIS YEAR:
- Spaghetti Supper and Silent Auction at NorthStar Church
- Friday, March 11, from 5PM to 8PM
- Spaghetti dinner costs $5 per person MAX $20 per family
AWARDS: Awards for first largest class participation, Best Adult Male and Female Luau Costume, Best Male and Female Student Luau Costume, Best Teacher Luau Costume. Post-race awards ceremony with food and drinks for race participants.
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration: $20 – includes a super-soft unisex t-shirt and goody bag. In-store registration at Big Peach Running Company (Kennesaw) or on Active.com. Or download the application and send it to school with the registration payment. School Foundation Race app 2016
- Mailed-in registrations must be postmarked by 3/5/2016
- Make Checks Payable to: Awtrey Middle School Foundation
- Mail to: Awtrey Middle School Foundation 3601 Nowlin Rd Kennesaw, GA 30144 or
- Drop off at KES, BSIS or Awtrey Front Desk.
- NO STROLLERS OR PETS
PACKET PICK UP / TSHIRT PICK UP
Spaghetti Supper and Silent Auction
Friday March 11th 5pm to 8pm (NorthStar Church)
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Awtrey Middle School: $30 and no guarantee of a t-shirt.
7am – 8am
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF OUR THREE SCHOOL FOUNDATIONS?
The foundations were established to enhance educational opportunities that otherwise may not be part of the schools’ program. Each school foundation funds specific school priorities. The foundations work congruently with the administration and PTSA to make our children’s schools absolutely the best they can be. The Foundation works congruently with the Administration and PTA to make our children’s schools absolutely the best they can be.
Purpose of this special race for our community: Funds raised from the Spring into Education race will be reinvested back into each of the three schools to support local school priorities.