Together, the Awtrey Middle School community will foster a positive learning environment
with high expectations that encourages our students to become life-long learners
and responsible citizens in an ever-changing global society.
“Achieve here; Succeed everywhere.”
- We believe in providing a safe and positive learning environment for students, staff, and community members.
- We believe school leadership is a collaborative effort that establishes learning as a top priority.
- We believe teachers are facilitators of learning who promote student ownership of learning.
- We believe instruction should be student-centered, employ best practices and include a variety of instructional strategies.
- We believe quality and creative lessons maximize the effectiveness of instruction and assessment to ensure learning.
- We believe assessment should be directly aligned to the standards, varied, authentic, and reflective of student learning.
- We believe professional learning should be directly related to the professional’s specific needs.
- We believe in a balance of accountability between the school, students and parents.